Monday, September 17, 2007

First Steps

My little one is learning to take her first steps. I love watching her experience new things in her young life. I love to see her excitement when I get her from her crib in the morning, or when I have been gone a while. I feel like just yesterday I had her. Now she is opening cupboards, getting teeth, and has an opinion. As I watch her take her first steps, I realize how time is so precious with your kids. They are not home with us long, just a small moment of their life. But yet, those years are the most critical ones for shaping them in what they will be in their adult life. It seems just like yesterday that my oldest children took first steps. Time is going by too fast for me. It makes me sad, yet excited to see them grow.

No comments: