Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Williams Spring...I mean...Winter Break
So every year, our family seems to celebrate Spring break with one last hooray to skiing and head into the mountains to colder weather to celebrate Spring! The Canyons is usually where we end up, and as always we have fun. Of course, why would I say otherwise? I love getaways! Who doesn't?
Of course the kids always get into the coloring of the eggs. Syd this year just wanted Thomas Blue eggs, and Percy Green eggs. She was fascinated.
There was lots of playing Wii into the Wii hours of the morning. Bry's favorite vacations are the ones that the Wii comes with!
We did lots of swimming and even met up with some friends of ours who were skiing and vacationing too. The kids thought that was pretty cool.
Traditions are good to keep alive! We love to eat at the Red Banjo Pizza Parlor. Bailey loves the juke box, Bryson the Green River drinks, and Syd this year said she loved the musical instruments on the walls.
The girls loved the activity time at the pool and painting train whistles. In fact, Bailey passed up on a day of skiing to hang with mom and Syd, partly because of those whistles!
The guys headed off for a day of skiing. Next year, we will all be able to ski together, instead of taking turns. They had some great snow, because it snowed the night before.
We had lots of snooze time, which I enjoyed, because I did not have to worry about all the things that need to be done. I love napping with my snuggly girls!
We ended our trip with going to the movies and coming out of the theater to find flat tires! As you can see, we are in good spirits!
I love to cook and had fun preparing our Easter spread...Bryson was taking a mental picture of what it looks like.
Kurt had to work at home one day, so Syd wanted to have a lunch date with Daddy. So she was extra quiet while he was on conference calls.
This is a cute pic, of all three kids playing the piano at Grandma and Grandpa Williams home. They were excited to see the girls in their dresses. Grandma always does a fantastic job making them. Bailey told me that morning that she really likes how Grandma makes her pretty clothes.
Because of the rain, the kids got an indoor Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Sill's. But it did not damper their moods. Grandpa even gave us our 1st BBQ of the year. Delicious as always!
The kids modeling their Easter wear, before heading to church. It was a delightful week, and boy do I love having my kids home. I can't wait for summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like a great time! You have a great little family. I too love having my kids home and am counting down until Summer.
oooh! I love canyons!! It looks like you had a wonderful time!!
You guys are one FUN family! I hope your kids realize what incredible parents they have. Family traditions are the best! Sounds like you guys had a great Spring break! The picture of you and Syd sleeping is adorable!!
Wonderful memories - thanks for sharing some easter memories with us. Love mom
That looks like so much fun! What a fun idea to bring in the spring "Williams Style"...nobody does it like that I am sure. LOL. Bailey's and Syd hair is getting so long..I am jealous. I love Bryson mental picture..funny kid! Serisouly I want Syd for cuddles, that pic looks to comfy.
Post a Comment