
I love summer break! I love having the kiddos home with me. This summer is cruising. I can not believe school is just around the corner. It has gone by quickly, and as a result, I have been a terrible blogger. So look forward to a plethora amounts of blogs in the upcoming weeks. One of our many summer highlights, is we took a trip to Island Park with the Newbolds. They invited us to come along and stay with them in their condo. The only catch was it was during our Youth Conference. But Kurt was willing to take a few days off, so I was able to make it to YC for the first part and then take a fun trip with my family. I love Island Park! The last time I visited the place was when I was at the university. It was a fun time to relax, and enjoy nature with my family and friends and make great memories. So here's a peek into our vacation.

We stopped in Idaho Falls to show the kids the another beautiful temple and the falls. They really liked it and especially walking around the park looking for otters.

The kids loved climbing the rocks in Yellowstone.

Daddy's Girls, he loves his girls. He is such a cool dad to the kids.

No, I think they are Mommy's Girls! This pic is in front of fire hole. It was closed for swimming the day. But still a fun day to show them the falls.

The guys out on Henry Lake for some fishing: Bryson, Kurt, and Derek

Sydney wanted in on the action, so she found a stick to fish with.

What's a road trip with out car problems. Kurt is really patient and handled it well. He however, was getting eaten by mosquitos while fixing the tire. And we had run out of repellent.

We spent a day in Yellowstone. We saw deer, buffalo, eagles, moose, elk, but no bear! The only bear we saw was Bailey's stuff one. She is so funny, because every trip she likes to take a picture of her stuff animals. We also spent a day rafting down the Forks River. It was a relaxing ride...the kids did the rowing :)

Bryson in his element. My boy loves to fish and eat fish. I loved watching him. He fished every day while we were there. He is growing up way too fast!

They also loved the swimming and playing tennis. Sydney was our little ball girl.

Bry and Bailey having goofing off in the car. Kurt and Sydney in front of Fountain Geyser. In Yellowstone, Sydney kept saying, Look the ground is on fire!"

Bryson was teaching Tyler the Salt Shaker trick in the restaurant. He loves that trick, probably because his dad taught him.

Bailey, Faith and Tyler waiting at the Yellowstone lodge. And the kids patiently waiting for Old Faithful to be faithful. And she was!

Father and son discussing the physics of geysers.

We look forward to visiting that place again. We had a blast and made some great memories.
5 comments:
Looks like you guys made lots of great memories at Yellowstone. What a darling family you have. I can't wait to hear more about your summer!
Looks like fun, We are actually going to Island Park in a few weeks. You'll have to let me know the fun spots to take the kids!
Definitely float Henry's River, it was a relaxing day, and we had a picnic off the banks and the kids played in the water...so fun. You can rent the rafts at Macks Inn.
Memories are made once again - the bonding of the family are with experiences like this. Makes me reflect back on when all of you were at home and our trips and camping together.
Love MOM
I love the pictures! It makes me want to go there with Mike one of these days. Looks like a prefect nature getaway vacay. I love Bailey's face in the car picture...so funny.
Post a Comment