Friday, September 4, 2009

Snowbird 09'

Our annual trip to Snowbird, which we call the "Snowbird Summit" was postponed until the later part of September this year.  We usually go on our engagement anniversary Sept. 1st, but this year Kurt's Dad had to go to the hospital and receive some surgery on his eyes for glaucoma.  But we still made it to Snowbird and had a wonderful time.
When we arrived there was a rainstorm passing through.  We loved it, rainstorms are very romantic and mysterious to me.  It was exactly what it was like the night he proposed to me.  I still remember the story he told me about meeting Jason and Em at the top of Hidden Peak, the whole time I was worried about them being caught in a storm up on the peak, that I did not realize that Kurt was about to propose to me.

Some pictures of what it was like the night we went to dinner and the next day the sun was shining.  I really enjoyed hanging out on the deck and enjoying the spectacular view of Snowbird.


We usually hike the mountain, but because it was a quick get away, we ate some breakfast, did some ski shopping, checked out Oktoberfest, and just had fun enjoying the atmosphere.  We gave up our tram tickets to some friends of ours that are from Wisconsin that just moved out here.  They were very excited to go up to Snowbird, but the sad thing is they went up on the last valid date, which was a blizzard.  So I told them next year for sure, they get IOU's, or they should come join us for our hike.  I am very glad that my husband loves traditions and that he plans this trip for us every year.  He never misses a beat and goes all out to make it an enjoyable time for us.  I just have to show up.  Love him!

1 comment:

Xander Man said...

Wow, there are some really great shots. It looks beautiful...makes me want to come plan a vacation there!!