The kids were excited to fly, especially Sydney, being it was her first time. Bryson and Bailey got to do their homework, I kept reminding them that Dad and I were such mean parents to make them do their homework while we were traveling to California and we were so mean to take them out of school for a week.(Sarcasm)
Sydney loved watching all the planes come in and was very excited to get on our plane. Thomas even got to fly with her. As usual, she charmed a lot of people around her. She has such a fun personality and way with words. She kept us all entertained on the flight.
We stayed at the Disney Grand Hotel located on the park right off of Disney Downtown and California Adventure. Loved it! The kids left letters in a lobby mailbox for Mickey, and he would sign it and sent it back to their room. It was nice to take Syd back for a nap, while the others kept on playing. The pool area was like an adventure itself with water slides and multiple pools. The kids liked coming back for an hour to swim and then head to the park. Bryson is awesome with Sydney. He took that little fish everywhere. She kept jumping off into the pool, good thing for life jackets. Bailey enjoyed the water slide area.& She went down that slide ALOT! I liked soaking up the sun, while watching Kurt and the kids play.
Our first ride or our trip was Soarin' California, that was a good way to get the trip started I think.
Digging the Cars. Nancy with my kiddos...Where am I?
Bryson secretly enjoying trying on the ear hats. He did not get one, because he said he was too old, yeah right! I think from this pic, he enjoyed it.
Ok, if you know Syd very well, you will know that at this age, she is very into the Little Einsteins on the Disney channel. In fact, she has named everyone in our family a Little Einstein, and has given me the name of Red Rocket. She says I drive super fast. Well here we are waiting as one of the firsts in line to get into Playhouse Disney.
The girls had a great time dancing, singing, and poking bubbles. They put on a good show.
Photo op with Pluto. Bailey loves dogs, so she really like this one. She picked up a stuffed Pluto for one of her souvenirs.
Me, Sydney, and Bridger riding around at Bugsland while the others were doing grown up rides, like the Tower of Terror. I had a slight error of judgment in my parenting when I took Sydney on the Tower of Terror. The sign said 40" was allowed. So I thought, well if they will let Syd's size on it can't be that bad. Yep, it was bad, I think I terrorized her. In fact, throughout the rest of the trip, anytime we went into a dark room for one of the rides, she would get scared and ask if this was the elevator. She did all of the rides she could, she even did Space Mountain...she is BRAVE!
Getting ready to help drive in Bugsland. One of our favorite rides was the Toy Story. Bryson getting ready to shoot the targets. I loved pushing Sydney, I mean BAILEY around. She was a nut. Every time Syd would get out of the stroller, Bailey would jump right in.
Outside the Haunted Mansion(one of the rides Syd thought was going to be a dropping elevator).
After that scary ride, we thought it was time to do some rides just for Sydney. The kids were great sports and rode the Winnie the Pooh ride several times with her.
We loved meeting Goofy, especially Bridger. He's a big fan.
I love Buzz Lightyear, but I can never get as much points as Bry and Kurt. Must be a boy thing.
She loved Star Tours. Anything that was like Super Red Rocket was fun to her.
We loved Tink...ok, the boys step out on this one. This was one very much awaited character. And it was worth it. We captured some wonderful video on the excitement of our girls faces and she was wonderful. Sydney wants to see her again, she is a big Tink fan. Since we have been back, the girls fairies are back into play, and Syd is back into dressing up like her and carrying her Tink purse around.
This is the view from our balcony from our hotel room.
We ate at The Blue Bayou that is the restaurant located right off the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Kurt and Sydney acting like pirates. We liked the Monte Cristo sandwiches. We had reservations for dinner the first night on the park. We only wanted the sandwiches. But they were not on the dinner menu. So we had to come back the next day for lunch. They were worth it.
Here's another pic of Syd, being shy, with McKenzie and Tink. I love Kenzie! I am so glad that she is now in Young Womens. My girls really love her too.
While we did the Indiana Jones ride, Syd and her Dad went and played in the Tree House. I think they had fun and I love these pictures of Sydney.
Bailey's favorite ride was Dumbo. We rode it several times. It was fun watching the time be magical for Bailey. She still loves to see the princesses, the castles, the music...I wish she could stay like this forever.
Syd and Dad came along for this Dumbo ride.
This is the girl's teacup. The previous night Nancy, McKenzie and I went and rode rides while the others were at the hotel. We really liked the teacup. We got pretty dizzy. On this ride, I had to convince Nancy to come along again, and promised I would not spin too hard.
My absolute favorite ride, from when I was a little girl, It's a Small World. The kids are in the front. Bryson kept joking saying he was trying to look for an exit. Bailey loved the Hawaiin Dancers and the Spanish Dancers. I could ride this ride over and over! Sydney love all of it too, especially the little Tink chasing Peter Pan.
We all went on Splash Mountain. The ride operator told Bry he was the perfect one for the front. Now you can see why...he got soaked! He's a good sport. I need to scan the picture we bought, his face is priceless.
He tried this last time we were here. He's a pretty good actor, I think.
On our way back one evening to the hotel. Kurt did a great job taking this pic.
Visiting Toon Town to see Mickey and Friends. The girls are making wishes on Minnie's Wishing Well.
These kids are a great bunch! I love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment