 |
| Ain't Love Grand?! Love him! | | | | |
|
This Spring, we got to get away, just the two of us! We had a trip planned back in January to go cruising to the Western Carribean with friends. Well we had a mix up with the Travel Agency, and they delayed our booking, which we thought had completed on a Friday. Well Monday came and I called because of confirmation plans did not come through, and they had made a mistake in the booking! Aagh, well this must have been a popular cruise because over the weekend the ship was sold out and we got bumped off the cruise because it was overbooked! So passports, airfare, but no ship. Well they went a sailing and we stayed home. It all works out for the best, they actually had an unusual Arctic freeze in January and our friends said it was cold and they could not do some of the excursions. So Kurt and I decided to postpone this trip and go somewhere in April and we chose to go to Mexican Riviera. My sister Amber had taken a trip there, and I loved the pics and added it to one of the places I wanted to see. So thanks to my mom and dad, we were able to slip away for a week and stay at The Royal, all inclusive, adult only resort in Playa Del Carmen.
 |
| This was the view from our balcony |
|
|
 |
| This is how our room was made up daily. Oooo La La |
 |
| Obviously, they did not know we were LDS. And of course, we aren't in Utah! |
 |
| Dessert in our room! Yum! |
This resort had 9 restaurants if I remember right? But the food presentation was like this at every meal!
 |
| Dessert! This isn't flan, but we ate a lot of Flan.. A LOT! |
|
 |
| Food pics are better when people are in it, especially this guy! |
|
 |
| Ahhh! Almost 15 years of marriage! |
 |
| Iguanas everywhere! |
We went to a fun resort, Xel-Ha. We went snorkeling (I need to get my snorkel pics off the cd). Kurt scubas so he has no fear. Me on the other had, let's just say water is not my forte, but I am willing to try anything. Once I got over the initial panic, and relaxed, I enjoyed it, until I found that we had snorkeled out to the ocean part and I started seeing some really big fish and the waves and were far from land, I panicked again and swam really fast back to a more comfortable area. I will snorkel again, but I like the idea of seeing the sandy bottoms, when all I saw was dark endless water, not for me. Sorry honey, you will have to teach the kiddos to scuba, I will sun on the beach! These next pics are of Xel-Ha.
This is where we started to snorkel. We snorkeled for a good 3 hours I think, we went into caves and all around this natural bay. At the very top of the pic were you see the inlet of the bay and the water goes darker, that's the open ocean part, I did not like! BIG fish!
 |
| Rode some bikes through the jungle areas, pretty cool. |
 |
| Being Silly! |
This resort was pretty cool! Kurt did some Cliff diving, and we floated on some tubes down this river, it was pretty cool. Saw some cool looking frogs, floated through vegetation which had grown over the river, making it like a tunnel. It was pretty quiet while were floating, a pretty eerie, but how cool to float down this Mayan river! We had lunch and then headed off to see the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
 |
| The entrance to the ruins. Very small tunnel, they were very small people. |
|
 |
| Tulum |
 |
| View From Tulum...Gorgeous |
 |
| We hiked all around the ruins, the water is so blue. |
 |
| Deep thoughts happening here. |
 |
| One of my favorite pics that Kurt took, it shows the terrain, and the Mayan ruins. |
This outdoor restaurant, was right on the beach. The hotel is behind me and the beach is behind Kurt. I was cold that night, I wanted hot chocolate. They did not have anything, so the waiter made me some warm milk and added chocolate. It was good, he was pretty cool to do that for me!
 |
| This trip had romance, adventure, and some R&R! |
 |
| Since it was adults only, a pretty private beach! |
 |
| Declaring my love! |
 |
| My swimming man, the water was like a warm bath. |
 |
| Being goofy, Kurt teased my I was missing my shopping friend, but this mannequin helped feel that void! |
 |
| More Ooo La La |
 |
| In front of The Royal Resort |
 |
| The resort at night, this was the last night. |
Kurt and I had a fun relaxing trip. I love spending time with my best friend. It does not matter where we go, we can be in Utah, or Mexico. We always have fun adventurous times together and enjoy every moment. It was bitter sweet to say good bye to this beautiful place, but we were so excited to see our kids. Right now, they are our life, and we only have them for a while, until they get married and get to do adventures of their own. So I was excited to get back to be a family again. Until next time, MX! We'll be back!
1 comment:
OOH SOO Nice!! How ya been otherwise? Haven't seen you at the elementary lately...
Post a Comment