Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Timber Dog

I have been feeling a little down this week, we found out that Timber has lost his hearing. I love my dog so much. He is literary my 1st child. Timber was my bday present a couple of months after we have been married. He is my constant companion. And if you know me, my dog is treated more like a human than a dog in our home! It is a joke in the family that Kurt has to beat Timber to bed, because if Tim beats him first, no cuddling for Kurt! :) Now I have to carry him onto the bed. So it is really sad to me that he can't hear his favorite words like, Frisbee, park, go for ride, go for walk, and good boy. I am also sad to see how much he has changed this past year. It is not fair that our pets can't age with us! He also has cataracts in both his eyes. The vet told me that we could get them fixed but it would be over $2000. He said as long as Tim is finding his food and water, we should not do anything. Timber is the best dog! He is a homebody, he never leaves us and always wants to be around us, he is so smart, my favorite trick he does is his army crawl and high fives. Anyways, I am rambling, but this blog has made me feel a little bit better. I love you Tim

1 comment:

sbailey27 said...

I am so sorry about Timber! I understand that special connection with dogs. I hope you continue to enjoy every minute with your sweet dog!