Thursday, February 5, 2009

Colorado Road Trip

I took a spur of the moment road trip with my friend Ronda to Colorado to visit our friend Emilee and attend her husband's funeral. Her husband, Justin died last week from cancer. He leaves behind a very beautiful wife and 2 yr old twins. I feel for her and her kids. She is a strong lady and has an amazing testimony and faith. The day was full of emotions. It was one of those days that you can't wait to get home and give your kids and husband a hug and tell them you love them. A reminder that you should not take the precious things in life for granted. I pray that Emilee finds comfort and love from those around her. I enjoyed spending time with Ronda. She too is an amazing lady. We had fun remembering our jr. high and high school days. She has a great memory, and conjoured up some memories for me that I had forgotten about. We felt like Thelma and Louise or the ladies on Steel Magnolias. It was a road trip that I won't forget.

4 comments:

Xander Man said...

Glad your back home and safe! Your an amazing friend to do that. Have fun skiing today!

Turpin Times said...

I'm so glad you went (and that you made it back safely, too). You are a good friend. I'm looking forward to our weekend get-away.

Williams Ski Team said...

Ditto on the get away! I wish you could have come...but understand the circumstances!

loveourboys said...

Oh Nicole, you are such a GREAT friend!! I'm so lucky to know you. :)