Friday, February 13, 2009
In my dreams...."Australia"
I had sweet dreams last night. There is one place in the world that I would love to visit one day and that is Australia. There is something about the outback and the Aborigines that intrigue me. The curiosity started back in Jr. High. I loved the band Midnight Oil. I took an interest in their songs and the Australian political messages in them. Last night, I went and saw the movie, Australia, with some friends and loved it! It was interesting to watch how Australia was affected by World War II from a different perspective than from the U.S. and of course the love story with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman was an extra bonus. Loved the love story. At times I thought I was watching the Man from Snowy River. It is definitely on my list of top favorite shows. I am ready to see it again, for Hugh, uhh I mean the history! Too bad it did not do to well in the theaters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Midnight Oil. At one time I owned all of their...Cassettes? Anyways, they were the first band I saw in concert and a ragged Midnight Oil shirt was one of the first pieces of clothing Shelly threw away after we got married. I haven't seen Australia yet, but I heard that Mr Jackman does wonderful tivo-riffic things with a bucket of water.
Well if you liked the movie I might go see it now...I heard that its just way long. But I could always watch a love story for that long on my couch:) Midnight Oil love them becasue my older siblings were into them! Happy vday.
I totally agree, Hugh is Hot! I loved the movie too. It is good to know that other people see things that way I do.
Have a good one.
Tammy
Post a Comment