Saturday, February 21, 2009

Congrats and More Randomness

Congrats to Bryson for his outstanding job on his science project. He won 1st out of his school and was able to compete in the district fair. This kid loves science...it will not surprise me if he decides to be an engineer in the future. He had a fascination with Thomas Edison when he was 3. He loved knowing how the light bulb worked. He did not win 1st place at the district science fair, but placed with a superior in the top 10. Either way, Kurt and I are very proud of him. He represented his school well. He is already researching for the 6th grade fair, because he wants to go to state, and dreams of meeting the president! :) Both grandmas were able to come see him at the fair. I think he impressed them with his knowledge about Wii Liike Science. We are glad that they both came, because the weather was very bad, but we all crammed into the car and picked our way over to the fairgrounds. We had a great day skiing. After lunch we were able to meet up with some friends and ski the rest of the day with them. This picture is of us at the top of Strawberry overlooking the valley. The kids had fun skiing with friends. One run I sat at the lodge and chatted with a friend while Kurt took the kids. On that run, Bailey (now nicknamed "wrong way") decided to veer off course and head down a black diamond. This is not the first time this has happened, tis the nickname. She then went of a steep drop off (cliff) and was hanging in trees 10 feet above the ground. People were worried if they should get ski patrol. Kurt was able to ski around, hike up the hill to save our little brave one. Here is the kicker, she thought it was fun and was laughing. All I can say is it is a good thing I did not see it, because I would have been a nervous wreck! After that, she still veered off to hard territory because of the bumps and jumps. Bryson had a great day, he is getting better every week. He skiied some tough hills...following "wrong way." He too, will ski just about anything (trees are his favorite) and loves to ski ahead of us and do his own thing. My birthday started out with a phone call from my mom in law, informing us that my father in law collapsed on the bus heading towards the genealogy library, and was being admitted to LDS hospital. Scarey time for us and the family. Shirley was able to spend the night with us and eat cake and ice cream with us. Kurt got me my BBC Pride and Prejudice! Bryson gave me the Twilight score and soundtrack music for the piano, Bailey and Sydney gave me spa armotherapy items. The kids got to put 2 candles in the cake. Sydney loved to put a candle in, take it out, lick it and put it back in. She loved singing the song and got everyone to sing it to me twice. Many family and friends called to wish me well. Some good friends treated me to breakfast at Mimi's. Yum, Yum! Right after I went with my friend Shana to Target. She had some contractions while we were there, did not think much about it. She left to go to the Dr. and about an hour later, I got a call from her husband, telling me she was a 6. She is a tough lady! Her kids stayed with us that night and had pizza with us. I told her husband, that they should give their boy the name Nicholas since he was born on my bday...we shall see! :) The young women trashed, I mean decorated my room and bathroom. This picture does not do it justice, because you can't see the floor. Not sure if I like the old lady message they left on my mirrors. They came later that night for cake and icecream. They are a good group of girls...I guess Bailey and Bry where in on the decorating as well. Despite the start of the day, it ended up being a pretty good day.

9 comments:

Lucinda said...

Bailey sounds like a wild one! No fear! Happy belated birthday!

Sonya said...

No wonder I wasn't able to get hold of you! Hope Kurt's dad is doing ok. You are in so much trouble with those skiing kids ha ha! Good job Bryson on the science fair that is totally cool!

Xander Man said...

That is awesome about Bry!!!! He can do it next year, especially if he is already thinking about it. I can't believe "wrong way" did that, actually I can!! Too Funny.

Xander Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xander Man said...

ugh, I posted my comment twice and than just deleted it...so that is muah being computer savy!

Turpin Times said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! (Can you tell me when it is, I'm a bad friend and don't know.) It sounds like you've had some exciting adventures these last few days! Congrats to Bryson, too!

sbailey27 said...

Ugh. I just posted a long comment and then it didn't work. So, if it shows up, that is why I posted two comments...

Anyhoo, yay to Bryson! I am a science nut as well and love the science fair.

Glad you guys have fun skiing - what will you ever do when the snow is gone?

Happy Birthday - I am glad you were able to have a fun day despite the circumstances! You need to come to Bunco - I feel like I haven't seen you forever!!!

loveourboys said...

Hey how are ya? Haven't heard from ya for a while.. hope all is well and a wish for a belated Happy Birthday!

awindowsillview said...

I cannot believe Bailey...what a little daredevil - she is so spunky!! Tell Bry Congrats on going to district...he will go far in life!