Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Crappy End of the Day
Do you ever have one of those days that everything seems doom and gloom? Today was one of them for me. This afternoon, I found out that my sweet father-in-law was diagnosed with kidney disease and will need heart surgery. This news is very concerning to Kurt and I because he is in his 80's and it can be risky. After that, I picked up my mail in between transporting the kids to and from and in the mail was a letter from a dear friend of mine. I was very excited to get the letter, until I opened it. The letter was about how her husband, 32, has terminal cancer. I feel so sorry for this sweet family, my heart aches for them. I then rushed to YW to find out that my back neighbor, who I work with in Beehives, had to leave in a hurry to be with her father who suffered a major heart attack and is not going to make it. My heart aches even more. Times like this, makes me appreciate my husband, my little family and that we are together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh Nicole! I'm so sorry about the news of Kurt's dad :(. He is such a sweet man. We'll keep him in our prayers. I hope you have a better day tommorrow! Love you!
Hope you have a better day tomorrow! I am so sorry too:) I think Kurt's dad is probably one of the nicest, most genuine man...he raised a great son!Love ya!
I finally got my internet to work!! The wind is blowing like crazy here...anyway I finally was able to post again...now scrabble!
That really is a lot of bad news in one day! I guess it really does make you want to appreciate everything we have. I hope you have a better day today.
So sorry Nicole about your father-in law. I too got a card from Emilee and my heart aches for her. I called her that very day and couldn't get a hold of her, but did the next day. She was in the hospital with Justin. He wasn't doing so well the few days prior. She is scared to death of life without him. I can't even imagine what she is going through and didn't really know what to say to her other than we are thinking of her and praying for him and their family. My boys pray for "the Nye father" every day. It sounds like they have a few more options they are going to try. I asked her to keep me posted.
I'm sorry about your father in law. I'm waiting to hear from my mom, my dad is having an angiogram right now(i totally don't know how to spell it), as soon as they know my dad might need bypass surgery, it's a bummer.
Who's the best at Scrabble? NOT I!!! but YOU!!! I mean come on, can you even give me and Sonya a chance to get close?!?!?!? Game number#3 you better watch out!
I like challenges...I guess I can swallow my pride and give you two another chance to see my greatness at work. :) :) :)
Post a Comment