This ski season is another great time for our family. We enjoy skiing as a family every chance we get. Kurt has done a great job taking the kids skiing on Saturdays. I really enjoy spending some quality time with my kids, and Kurt on the mountains and talking with them while on the ski lifts. They are both very different. Bryson has become an independent skier and waits for us at the bottom of the hill. Bailey is my little brave girl. She is a tiger on the hill. No fear and tries to beat Bryson to the bottom. We are anxious to get Sydney up on the slopes next year. This year has especially been fun for me because I have been able to go more often than the last years because of Syd's age. Kurt has worked from home a few times so I can go ski with my friend. Nancy and I are trying to go once every week while the kids are in school, and I really have loved it. I have not done any skiing with friends since college. I love skiing with her and enjoy being goofy, but I do miss my favorite ski buddy, Kurt. When I go without him, I appreciate all he does for me. I really miss how he carries all my gear for me (chap stick, ear warmers, snacks, skis, and the camel back) and I miss the cuddles on the lift!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Ski, Baby, Ski
This ski season is another great time for our family. We enjoy skiing as a family every chance we get. Kurt has done a great job taking the kids skiing on Saturdays. I really enjoy spending some quality time with my kids, and Kurt on the mountains and talking with them while on the ski lifts. They are both very different. Bryson has become an independent skier and waits for us at the bottom of the hill. Bailey is my little brave girl. She is a tiger on the hill. No fear and tries to beat Bryson to the bottom. We are anxious to get Sydney up on the slopes next year. This year has especially been fun for me because I have been able to go more often than the last years because of Syd's age. Kurt has worked from home a few times so I can go ski with my friend. Nancy and I are trying to go once every week while the kids are in school, and I really have loved it. I have not done any skiing with friends since college. I love skiing with her and enjoy being goofy, but I do miss my favorite ski buddy, Kurt. When I go without him, I appreciate all he does for me. I really miss how he carries all my gear for me (chap stick, ear warmers, snacks, skis, and the camel back) and I miss the cuddles on the lift!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah baby...ski, ski, ski. It's in your guys BLOOD now the kiddos! Mike is excited to board with Kurt next week. How awesome is is that you and friend can go have some adult fun beats shopping. You guys look super hip and sassy...LLLLUUUVV IT! Oh yeah I love the "new shoes" song....I have to add it to my Ipod now.
FUN! I really miss, miss skiing :( Hopefully, I can get in shape and come sometime! I'd love my girls to learn how, but I don't have the patience to teach them. Is that why mom and dad put Garrett and I on the ski busses on the weekends? LOL.
No I think it was to get us out for some peace and quiet...still great experiences! But hey, you have swimming all year round, how cool is that!
That looks so fun. I can't wait to take Miles skiing this year. It will be his first time. It's nice you get a little alone time everyone in a while to go without the kiddos too!
Katie-When all our kiddos can ski, I would love to ski with you in CO!
Love the pictures-LOOKS LIKE FUN!!
Post a Comment