
When I say, hanging with the fam, this weekend was truly a hang with all the fams weekend. The start of this weekend we got to hang with our ward family up at the Fruit Heights stake campground, in South Fork. The campground had a lot of individual sites and then a big meeting area. They did not have a key for the women's bath, so we had to brave the men's restroom. The kids had fun playing night games with their new ward friends, Kurt and I got to hang with our new neighbors in our ward. Sydney ran around and around, back and forth, back and forth...she wore me out. It was a little chilly but not too bad. Kurt and I are hoping to take the kids on one more camp trip in a few weeks, before it gets too cold, but the trailer has a heater so we could brave some October camping. We had a fun time hanging with the Ward Family. There are a lot of really nice people in this area. I feel blessed that we moved into a great area. It is always scary when you move from a good area, because you don't know what you are going to get in the next!!

We then got to hang out with Kurt's family for an afternoon wedding of our nephew in the Bountiful Temple. We are very proud of Levi and his choices he has made. Their wedding day was beautiful. It reminded me of the day Kurt and I got married. While Kurt and I were waiting for pictures, we walked around the temple grounds reminescing about our wedding day almost 13 years ago, at that very location. The weather and the smells, brought back a lot of memories. We went to the reception at his brother's neighbor backyard. Sydney loved the gold fish that were the centerpieces, she kept trying to catch them and poke at them, Bryson and Bailey loved the pigeons, they really wanted to bring a handful feathers home, I told them I would buy them clean feathers from the store. I really enjoyed hanging with Kurt's family. I really admire his parents. They teach me daily about service and love. These two are both hardworking. My father in law in his 80's and keeps on working for Bigger Faster Stronger, and serving a mission for the church and attending the temple. My mother in law also keeps on teaching piano, sewing, serving a mission and attending the temple. They still act young and I know it is because they keep active. I really love these people and proud to be married to their son.

During the wedding events, we hustled the kids back and forth to soccer games. Bryson did awesome, he really gets into the game. He gets quite upset when he is open and no one will pass him the ball. He had some great assists that helped in scoring some goals. Bailey did just as well, she scored 3 goals, and 3 almost... she really likes to own that ball. She reminds me of myself when I played soccer. She is determined! That evening we built a small fire with the kids and roasted marshmellows and had smores. I missed all the excitement of the fire exploding. Kurt thinks there was some water under the flagstone and all the heat caused the fire to explode sending chunks of burning wood in the air, landing on their chairs and Kurt's shirt. No one was hurt, thank goodness I was putting Sydney to bed. After roasting, the kids jumped on the tramp in the dark. I think they had a lot of fun. And I had fun hanging with my little family.

Then on Sunday, my parents invited family over, so we got to have some hang time with my parents. We also had the privilege of enjoying a true Sill tradition started by my grandmother of grilled cheese sandwiches, homemade tomato soup, and grandpa's fresh corn on the cob. They love their grandkids and the kids love going to grandma and grandpa's home. Bailey loves to pick anything with her grandpa, this time the peaches are on, and she and grandpa were out picking. Bryson loves rolling around with their dog Meggie. And Sydney loves having grandma read to her, show her birds, and love her. I was cutting some peaches today for lunch and Bryson said to me, "Mom you are sure lucky to have a Dad that likes to harvest and grow things. Because fresh food is the best and these peaches are tasty." I thought to myself, I am not lucky but blessed that my parents are hard working and generous people. I will miss them when they decide to go on their mission. I marvel at their willingness to serve, but the selfish side of me will miss the moments of picking peaches, chatting about life, and watching them interact with my kids. I really look up to them and know that I am where I am today mostly because of them and what they taught me. Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you!
5 comments:
Your such a great mother, sister and daughter! Reading your blog makes me wish I was around family, I am jealous. Although it makes me definetly cherish the times I do get to spend with both of our families when we visit.
Family is the most treasured blessing we have been given. You have a wonderful family! We are both lucky to be near our respective families. We need to get together!!!!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! There's nothing like making those family memories.
I'm glad you are liking your new ward but don't talk them up too much - we miss you over here!
Now I'm homesick! You can always head down this way for camping all the way through November ha ha!
You know I would love to head back to the Phoenix area, we could camp in front of your house? That was a fun trip!
Post a Comment