
Our 13th annual Snowbird trip went great this year! I am excited because I came back in one piece. Last year while hiking around in Mineral Basin, I fell off the side of a hill, and took a beating and broke my tail bone. That was a tough hike out of the basin. But back to this year, we climbed our 4.5 mile hike to Hidden Peak. This year we met a fun couple from Florida. We hiked and rested with them for about a mile. They are avid skiers like us and we shared stories about skiing the hills. After a while, we kept on going and they wanted to rest more. About 1/2 hour later, here they come on 4 wheelers. They cruised up to the top of the Peruvian lift and tunnel. Kurt and I kept on climbing our vertical climb. It took about 3 hours, we went through the tunnel and hiked around Mineral Basin and then up to Hidden Peak. We built some rock monuments and built one by the Tram for our friends to find. Our friends Rich and Jenny came up to use our Tram passes. They brought their son Benjamin. He was excited to ride the Tram and find our rocks. We ate bratwurst and potato pancakes with them and said our good byes. One of the nights we were eating at the Steakpit out by the river and no joke, a huge porcupine came up to our table. We were about 2 feet or less away from it. Our waiter said it was begging for our bread. I backed up and fed the cute spikey thing bread. It then wobbled over to the door for the waiters to throw it a whole loaf of bread. The waiters said they come every night to be fed and get quite aggressive rapping the glass door if they don't get their bread. That was quite an adventure!
1 comment:
Congrats on not having a donut this time LOL! Pictures are pretty...miss the fall mountains :). Aren't you a bit early on the anniversary thing though...? I thought you got married in November ha ha. J/K
Post a Comment