Friday, September 19, 2008

Late Night Canning

So it is almost 1 a.m., and I am waiting for my last batch of peaches to finish. I have been canning practically all day (it feels like it)! I am trying to stay awake, so I thought I would write this quick blog while I watch the History channel. A program of how socks are made is on right now. Things that I take for granted like my little white socks. They are actually end up being yellow, but some worker sorts them into a big vat of bleach. And they come out bright white. Cool huh! It is quite interesting. I love the History channel, if I can't find something to watch it is either FOX news or History Channel. So I have just revealed some of my geeky side. Good Night!

3 comments:

shelly said...

I just learned how to can peaches last night. I've always wanted to and Trudy McCashland showed me! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I think I'll give it a try next year.
I love the history channel as well. I love programs that teach me something I never would have known.
I can't wait for Bunko tonight. I've been dying to see your beautiful home! Miss you.

awindowsillview said...

I'll be joining you in the canning world...my peaches are almost there! love the history channel!

Sonya said...

That was me 3 months ago! I'm still not used to the seasons for gardening and canning down here. I'm still looking for cheap Utah peaches!