Sunday, September 7, 2008

Staying Awake

So it is Saturday night (ok, early Sunday morning) and I am blogging to keep myself awake. We just got done watching the Dark Knight with my sis Amber and husband Mike, my Dad, and Mike's siblings. After the movie, Kurt told me he had to get some work done for their overdue release. I told him that I would stay up with him to help keep him awake. I have my cute little Bailey snuggling with me on the couch. She had a nightmare (I secretly think she loves snuggles with Mom and Dad!) But I will play along with her nightmares :). She is laying here with her duckie blanket and her favorite stuff dog, that I wash almost daily. I can not believe that she is in 1st grade. It feels like it was just yesterday that I had this cute little baby girl with lots of hair and chubby cheeks. They grow so fast, in fact, just today, Bryson informed us that he had 4 more years and he will be in high school. Cute moment with Bailey, she has a paper doll set that she gets to design the clothing. This summer I noticed a change in Bailey that she is starting to look at clothing, shoes, handbags etc. One time we were in the store and she was looking at bikinis and really wanted one. I took that moment to teach her about modest dress and how we have been asked by the leaders of our church to show respect to our Heavenly Father and our bodies by what we wear. So this week she was designing some clothes and said, "Mom, I made modesty clothes." (Good for you Bailey!) I had my nephew and nieces over today. Sydney really loves the twins. She almost acts like the ring leader because they follow her every move. I was in the office and Sydney came in and laid in a patch of sunlight, Rylee followed suit, and Emree watched from the doorway and decided to join in on the "Eight is Enough" action. Luckily my camera was right at my fingertips. Kurt took the kids hiking on a trail not far from our house. He does this trail every morning and tells the kids about the magic bridge and the troll that lives under it. They hiked up to the magic bridge and he told them the story. They had fun and even told me that they think they saw the troll with sharp white teeth. Love little imaginations!

2 comments:

Xander Man said...

What the? Where was I for all this fun stuff? J/K I think I was taking pictures ha ha. Okay next time I wanna go on that hike!

Sonya said...

Cute of the girls! I still miss my Sydney :). How come I haven't heard the Troll story??? I'm feeling cheated LOL! Miss you guys.