
Poor Mike, he was invaded by tons of estrogen for 5 days!!! Bailey and I went with my mom, sister Sonya and her girls to see my sis up in Portland. We had a blast and enjoyed some relaxation. I always love visiting the NW. I have a lot of fond memories of Portland and the adjacent areas of Washington.

We went up to Seaside, I loved walking the beach with Bailey. We were determined to find a full sand dollar. We kept walking and walking and before we knew it, we had walked quite a distance from the group. They joked that it looked like we were headed for Washington or Astoria! We enjoyed some yummy clam chowder and Seaside shopping.

We hiked to Wachella Falls. It was such a gorgeous hike. The falls were huge and magnificent. I loved all the moss around the trees and finding huge slugs and caterpillars. We hiked in with straight hair, and the humidity from the falls was so great that we hiked out with curly hair.

We spent a day doing TAX FREE Christmas and Halloween shopping. I love taking advantage of Oregon's taxes. We went out to eat just us girls to Papa Haydens in downtown Portland, while Mike took care of the kids. The desserts at this restaurant are Delish! We rode their electrical scooter and I got to zoom around on Mike's bullet bike. We ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant, I loved the strawberry daiquiri. However, I did miss eating at a yummy-o Hawaiian restaurant, so Amber, I will have to come back!! It was a great trip that went too fast!

Thanks to my hubby for taking time out of his busy schedule to play Mom for a few days. Thanks to Amber, Mike, Sonya and Girls, Mom, and to my Bailey for making it such a memorable trip. I am looking forward to our trip next year!!!
9 comments:
I'm jealous you got to go! I love eating at Papa Hayden's too! Glad you had fun!
Your pictures made me a little homesick! You can see why I didn't straighten my hair much growing up in Seattle. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Sounds like fun! It's neat that you are so close with your Mom and sisters.
Come Back! Come Back!
OK Amber, I am packing right now :)!
Hey Nicole, Bailey has grown up so much since I've seen her last! She just gets prettier everyday. Loved your pictures, makes me homesick for my native Bellevue, Washington!
ok I'm just uploading photos now...you guys are fast! Miss you all already!
I am going to be back out in a few weeks...I cant believe how many times I have been able to come visit this summer.
sound like you guys had a fun time.
Post a Comment