Wednesday, October 29, 2008

McCain and Palin are in Utah! Halloween and Sister Fun!

This last week we helped host a Halloween party at our house. We had several of our "SCARY" friends from the neighborhood over. The kids dressed up and even the adults. They all came in great costumes: Simonsons- Star Wars Clan, Millers- Football Barbie, Queen, Big Money Daddy, Mad Scientist, Hannah Montana, Johnson's- came as if they just woke up, Wrights- Smurfette and Carrot Top, Woods- Jesse, Football player, Nacho Libre, Vowels- Cruela Deville, Jack Sparrow, Jasmine, Dracula, Rasmussen's- Cat lady, Y Fan, barbie, Williams'- McCain and Palin (Sydney would not put on a costume so she acted as my baby), Indiana Jones and a witch. There were more costumes but I can't remember all of them. There was a lot of food, homemade root beer, games, cookie decorating, costume contests, and Kurt even put on a small magic show, which was the hit of the party for me! My sister, Amber, is in between jobs and decided to come to Utah this week. I always love it when she comes into town, because I love hanging with her and my mom, and plus she is such a great photographer and takes great pictures. On Thursday, we went out to lunch to Tasties (Thanks Mom!) and did some shopping at Tai Pan. Friday, we went to my brother, Tyson's new home and enjoyed pizza, hanging out with family, and Kurt practicing his magic show. I enjoyed having the kids sleep over! (Thanks Lori and Tyson!) The next day, Amber came and helped me get ready for our party (THANK YOU!)! Sunday, she took some family photos of us with our dog, Timber. I can't wait to see them. We then went to my parents home for some yummy-o food and hanging out with the family. On Monday, we rode the front runner down to the Gateway and did lots of shopping, ate at the California Pizza Kitchen (Thanks Mom!), and let Syd play in the fountains. She is so much fun to have around. I wish both of my sisters were near so we could have experiences like this more often. But I will take what I can get! Good Luck Amber on your new job! We already miss you!

8 comments:

Xander Man said...

I miss you already!! I want that picture of Sidney sleeping she is such a cutie...I miss her belly laughs! I agree I wish I was closer to you and Sonya too!

shelly said...

We need more info on Kurt's Magic show.

-Boyd

loveourboys said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I love the Palin and McCain idea, great choice of costumes!
I would love some pics of Park on the field trip. R U helping with the halloween party? Maybe I'll see ya tommorow. As for how I feel about Dahl, well I'm not totally super impressed, but I still don't know her becasue she's so quiet, ya know? Hopefully she'll be great for our little kiddos! Well, maybe I;ll see ya tommorow-Stace

sbailey27 said...

Looks like a blast! Good job on the costumes!

Sonya said...

Awesome costumes! You found the right glasses...yeah! Bry looks amazing as always :). Miss you guys too! Love the Syd pictures too.

About Us. said...

That is hilarious! God on ya for joining in the fun of Halloween!

shelly said...

What a wonderful neighborly thing to do! It sounds like so much fun! I agree, sister are so fabulous, every girl needs a sister.

Heather said...

The big donut is awesome! Carter won one as well and he was so excited about =0) Sounds like you have been crazy busy this last week, maybe after Halloween you can take a little break before the next holiday season starts!