
The week before Halloween, everyone is busy with parties, carving pumpkins, re buying candy, carnivals, corn maizes, pumpkin patches, trunk or treats etc. We pulled Grandma and Grandpa along to a corn maize. They had never done one...I am not sure if they loved it, but Kurt, me and the kids did! I love the Halloween years when you really get your investments worth on your costumes. This year I feel that our costume money was well spent. (Except on Sydney, I can't get her to put her witch's costume on. She won't even put on a simple dress up skirt!) It is not even Halloween yet, and after tonight I have to wash my kids costumes from all the activities they have done so far. I am very excited that Halloween is on a Friday. Not only are the kids out of school, but they get to stay up and they will be having a late night party with friends. Both kids are going to be trick or treating with friends, so Kurt just will take Sydney to a few homes and stay home with me!

I love Halloween parties, especially volunteering for the school parties. My favorite activity to do is eat the donut off the string. I think the older you are the more fun it will be!

Tonight was our school carnival. Right when we walked into the door, Bryson was gone with his friends. Bailey was worried about me and said, "Don't worry mom I will be your friend." She is my girl! So she hung out with the family. We had a blast spending the remainder of the night together. Isn't that what it is all about...spending time with family. Bailey was having a winning streak with all of her tickets. I decided to invest mine in the basket raffles. I put 20 into one basket and I still could not win. I was very frustrated. I guess the conclusion is that the fun of basket raffles is the anticipation that you might win! Hey but after all, Kurt and her won a big donut. Check out the picture at the end of this blog.

My favorite thing about Halloween is getting the house all spooked out and answering the door for trick or treaters. I love not knowing what costumes are on the other side of the door. Oh yeah, I can't forget the tradition Kurt and I have, we love to watch a scary show together. I only allow myself to watch one a year. I still psych myself out, even though I know it is not real. So those are some of my favorite things,
what is yours?
5 comments:
I love corn mazes and that donut was insane!!!! We must be sisters cause I like decorating the porch for trick or treaters. You gotta tell Syd to dress up for Thomas, that might work:)
I love dressing my kids up!
The carnival was pretty busy!! I wanted to win a basket too, but obviously I didn't! I like Baileys face paint-I saw the line for that, it was very long!! I love the carnival too! C-ya Stace
p.s. my boys spent a lot of tickets trying to win the doughnut, but never succeeded!
That is one HUGE donut! I also love this time of year. I'm always reminded at this time of year to be grateful for everything I can do with my family. Only three short years ago, I felt like I was going to die. I am also constantly reminiscing about all of the friends and family that took time out of their busy lives to serve me and my family. You are one of these angels that was sent to our aid in our time of need. I will always be grateful for everything you did.
My feet hurt from all the walking...I took all the tweens out and they are marathon trick or treaters! We had to find all the scary houses...we'd get to them and they wouldn't go up to get candy...girls! Our neighborhood does a block party and all the kids were outside playing until close to midnight :).
I love that Sydney hung out with you at the school carnival - she's a sweetheart! Bry looks soo cool in his costume...that's funny that Syd wouldn't wear her witch costume, did she end up being the puppy? Colt just ran into the room and saw the donut dangling picture with Bry and thought it was soo cool - he did that in his class this year, too! Halloween really is the funnest! Looks like you guys made the most of all the fun!
Post a Comment