Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Binky Addiction and Fun

A couple of months ago, I broke Sydney of her binky. She was heartbroken, that they had "broke" and disappear. Well, a few days ago, she was helping me organize papers in the office and I told her to get all the papers out of my black bag. After awhile I heard her say, "Sydney found it, my binky not broken!" I looked up and she popped that binky right into her mouth. She was thrilled! She started sucking on it like the baby on The Simpsons. She then said, with the binky in her mouth, "I Like It!" She then took it out and said, "It's orange." I said, "Sydney if you can tell me the color of your binky you should not be using it!" I gave her a few hours to enjoy her old addiction. Needless to say, her binky has now found a home in the garbage. The picture is of her talking on the phone to Grandma Sill telling her all about it. Bailey had her gymnastic holiday show on Monday night. Grandma and Grandpa Sill came to support her. We are very proud of Bailey. She has moved up to the next level in gymnastics and is the youngest in her group. She did quite well compared to the 3rd and 4th graders of the group. I really enjoy watching how limber she is. Definitely did not get that trait from me! Her favorite skill is somersaulting and doing a cart wheel off the balance beam. She loves to do the tramp, front and backhand springs. Bryson and Bailey are my little experimenters. This experiment was Bailey's idea, she wanted to see what floated in the water and what sank. She had an experiment list and scientific method all planned out. She did a survey, and I was quite impressed that an orange floats. I am always learning something from my little kiddos. We went to Layton lights last week. I love Christmas traditions. It's the traditions that bring your family so much closer to each other. Sydney loved the lights! She had a few people around us laughing because of her excitement. YW is always fun. We have been caroling, which a lot of us felt the spirit so strong. We caroled to some elderly in our ward, and I could just feel and see the spirit at work. We touched hearts that night. We had a Christmas party at my house. We had games, food, and watched Mr. Kruegers Christmas. I love this show and always get goosebumps when I watch it. And last night, we went down to Temple Square and felt the spirit there too. This picture I took, made me laugh because they were dancing and singing a tune, and it all looked so familiar to me. It dawned on me they were singing New Kids on the Block. Now I will confess that I listened to this genre of music for a while. I am not too proud of it. But they however, thought I was so cool because I knew the words and dance as well.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Cute Sydney! I still have a binky from Natalie in my sock drawer. She found it the other day and it is all gummy and gross. She's like "what's this?" "Your binky when you were a baby." "I didn't use that!" "Oh yes you did! Get your babybook...ever blasted picture has it in your mouth!" Needless to say she's still in denial. So how come Bailey hasn't showed me her backhand springs? So very cool! Love you!

awindowsillview said...

Funny about the binky...Wyatt found one the other day in one of our camelbacks from when we went hiking last year and he had to have it, too. Later that day he even threw a fit in the store because we didn't bring his binky - funny kids! G was at Temple Square last night with our YM/YW also...

Xander Man said...

Always a story to Syd! Wish I could have seen her face and belly laughs at the xmas lights. You and Sonya are Super Moms, I can't believe everything you guys do:)

Heather said...

Emmy also had a binky addiction, and everytime I thought I had gotten rid of all of them she would show up with another one.

Sydney is such a cutie!