Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

What a treat! Both sets of parents came to celebrate Christmas Eve with us. My table setting turned out quite nice. I really enjoy cooking and entertaining for people, especially my family. The only hang up about this meal was the traveling from store to store in search of poppy seed dressing. We always reenact the nativity scene. Grandpas did a great job in playing the sheep and donkey. The kids got a chuckle out of that. Bailey was a beautiful angel, Sydney was Mary, Bryson and Grandmas were wise men, I was the Shepperd, and Kurt was Joseph. Afterwards, we watched the church DVD, Joy to the World. Between, events the kids were tracking Santa on NORAD. They kept saying, "as soon as he is in Arkansas, we are heading to bed!" That night, Kurt and I were turning off the outside lights and counted 7 deer in our front yard. It was quite the special Christmas scene for Kurt and me. I told the kids that Santa's reindeer left their paw prints outside. Christmas morning we opened gifts, ate Christmas casserole, and then took the kids sledding. We then headed to my parents home for some of my Mom and Dad's yummy cooking. It was fun to hang with the siblings and cousins. The kids are eager to open more presents...My mom, bless her soul, has rheumatoid arthritis and she sewed us all pillowcases. That was quite a sacrifice from her. One of my favorite gifts that I will treasure. Homemade from the heart gifts are the best. My creative sister, Sonya, sewed hats for all the cousins. They were too cute. Bryson looks a little put out, but then again he is a boy and really does not want to model his hat. The girls looked adorable. Thanks Sonya, you are a sweetie! My girls now have a favorite hat. We then headed over to Mom and Dad Williams'. The girls got silky pj's sewed by Grandma and Bryson got a movie theme piano book. Grandma Williams was tickled pink by how excited they got. Especially Syd, she twirled and twirled in her new pj's. We had a Boxing Day party with high school and college friends. It was fun getting together and seeing every one's families. Lots of food, movies for the kids, a funny game, and rock band = a fun, fun, party! Kurt did the 12 days of Christmas for me. I am quite the lucky gal. I am glad he's mine! We have been enjoying having Kurt home. He is taking off 2 weeks of work. We have been doing fun things as a fam. We have been skiing, sledding, movies and the best part is he built a toboggan run in our backyard and the kids love it. I still get nervous about Syd, but she loves it. Just as long as I don't watch!

7 comments:

loveourboys said...

Too much fun! I have to say that your table setting is beautiful! It is crazy times! Sledding makes me nervous too! The hats are adorable and how sweeet of your mom! Angie brought rock band, to the inlaws, and we played it too! Fun Stuff! Hope to see you soon!

Xander Man said...

Ah you made me home sick! The hats turned out adorable that Sonya made...actually just gave me a photography idea:)I can't wait to see the gift from Mom now...he he. I think you have one great set of parents, in-laws and friends! How awesome is Kurt for building a toboggan run, you are a lucky gal. Happy New year!

Turpin Times said...

Looks like fun! The toboggan run looks awesome!

Sonya said...

The toboggan run is awesome! How much to transport it to AZ?! I'm seriously thinking of coming up just for that :). Love the table decorations - miss having Christmas Eve dinner and games with you all :). Thanks for the pic of the hats and the boys don't have to wear them...it was just something for me to do watching tv!!

Williams Ski Team said...

No, Bryson does not mind his hat...it is cool...it was the having to take a picture :) Bailey really wanted our snowman to wear the pink one...Syd of course objected...by the way I may need you to start another blanket or teach me how soon!

Xander Man said...

I can't believe you won at Scrabble! We are doing another game...

Williams Ski Team said...

Why can't you believe? It was fun, huh!