Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Temple Square Lights

The Christmas season is not complete without a visit to Temple Square to see the lights, to watch the nativity presentation, and to feel the Christmas spirit. Our tradition is to take the kids out to a fancy dinner, visit Temple Square, and then sing Christmas music on the way home. This year was fun, because Syd got to join in on her favorite songs of We Wish You a Merry Christmas , Silent Night, and "Stinkey" Bells (it sounds like she says stinkey to us). The kids wanted to look in the windows of the Tabernacle. By next year, Bryson will not have any problem looking in that window! He's growing way too fast. We met a neat young lady visiting from China. Bailey loved her and thought she looked like a princess, Mulan. This girl was so excited to see the temple and all the surroundings. It was fun to hear of her experiences and testimony. She wanted to take a picture with our family so she could show her family back in China. I took several pictures of her and her friend in front of the temple. This was a great experience for my kids to see testimonies of other church members in the world. The night is not complete, without a little brother and sister love!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Love seeing all the bundled kids! How fun and she does look like Mulan :). You can tell Bailey I said that! I miss Temple Square!!

Xander Man said...

I also miss Temple Square, you got some great pictures of the lights in the background! Wish I could take some pics there now:( You guys all look adorable in your smokin hats and coats!! MeRrY X-mAs!!!