
A favorite subject of Bry's is science and he really digs the science fair. His last year science project was on buoyancy, he missed the presentation last year because of strep. But this year he got to present to his class and he did a fantastic job. He literally has been pondering for a full year what he was going to do. This year he wanted to know how the Wii remote works and what it sees. This is where he takes after his father, the interest of knowing how things work and engineering things. Me on the other hand, I really don't care to know how a tv remote or wii remote works. I am just thankful for people who do care and make our lives easier. And no, I am not lazy! I got to watch him present because he needed the laptop, camera, headlamps etc. (things that you just don't send with an elementary student) He actually taught me a lot. Like for instance I knew that the human eye could not detect IR light, but if you shine the remote towards the camera you can see the IR lights working. Pretty cool. Bry came home yesterday on a high. He was so excited that his class thought his project was cool and his teacher was very impressed. But he also impressed his mom with the knowledge he has for computers and technology. Way to go kiddo. Oh yeah, I posted this picture because I went downstairs because I could smell smoke...he was melting wires together(supervised by Dad), I quickly went upstairs smiling to myself and thinking, this project better not burn down the house! He also made what he calls the "Awesome Wii Glove" that controls a program on the computer. Pretty snazzy. I dreaded science projects in school, and it was not because I did not understand but I had no interest. So after this experience with Bry, I now understand that these dreaded projects are great for kids to learn a scientific process but ideal for kids like Bry.
6 comments:
That's great Bryson has such an interest in science and his project sounds very high-tech. I never liked science in school either.
Ok this boy is going to make some serious mula someday :). I'm glad I can proudly say I'm his aunt! Way to go Bryson - I'm impressed too.
Like father like Son! It's great to see that he is becoming an individual..and a smart one:) Mike loved the gloves! We are very impressed too. At least he will be able to keep you guys high tech always.
Great job Bry! I'm glad someone likes (loves) science fair projects...your project sounded awesome!
That is seriously impressive Nicole! My science fair projects never made it beyond a volcano or "ocean waves"-- you know, oil mixed with food coloring and water in a pop bottle. Wait! I do remember using balloon static to light up a flourescent light bulb!
IMPRESSIVE! =] What an amazing kid you have!
Post a Comment